Thursday, May 29, 2014

Helping out a neighbour....Saibai style

I was approached by two Papuan ladies who asked me if I could type out a letter for them. They handed me a neatly printed three page letter which was an application to a PNG college for a young man wanting to improve his employment prospects in Papua New Guinea.
I have my own computer, printer and paper on the island I so was happy to do it. They left me the letter and we agree to meet up the following day. 

When I delivered the typed letter the next day the ladies were very appreciative and handed me two mats and a basket as a gift to say thank you.  

I have a favourite lady from PNG who makes things for me for the PrePrep classroom. I ordered grass skirts from her to use in my class and to send to a Kindy class in Brisbane and a Year 1/2 class in Mackay.  When I collected them she gave me two long mats and two small mats for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment